Main Street DeFuniak Springs and the City of DeFuniak Springs Beautification & Tree Board have partnered to honor past and present service men and women through their 2022 Veteran’s Banner Program.
- Applications are due Friday, September 30, 2022, by 4:00 p.m.
- Cost to participate is $80.00.
To qualify for the Veteran’s Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
- The honoree is a present or past member of the United States Armed Forces.
- The honoree is a current or deceased resident within Walton County.
- The honoree’s discharge from military service was not dishonorable.
- The right of use of the honoree’s name, military service information and photograph submitted with the application must not have been assigned or transferred to another person.
- Once approved, the applicant must submit a photograph of the nominee in uniform (5X7 or larger or digital image of resolution 300 dpi or greater).
Digital applications can be completed online at https://mainstreetdfs.org/veterans-banner-program/. Physical applications can be picked up from:
- Main Street DeFuniak Springs, 694 Baldwin Avenue, Suite 4, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
- City Hall, 71 US-90, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433
- Fisher’s Pharmacy, 688 Baldwin Ave, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
- Soiree, 804 Baldwin Ave, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
If approved, applicants will be invoiced for payment of the banner. For more information on this program, please contact Chelsea Blaich at Director@MainStreetDFS.org or call (850) 296-9051.