Choctawhatchee High School’s track and field team put on an impressive performance at the meet on Saturday, March 4th, 2023 at the 10th Annual Steve Garst Wildcat Invitational in Pensacola.
- The boys’ team finished in second place overall, while the girls’ team secured fifth place.
“Overall, I am very happy with our performance,” said Head Coach Courtland Fuller. “Multiple athletes had season best and personal record performances.”
One of the standout performances came from the boys’ 4×4 team, consisting of Justin Whidbee, Kaleb Hollins, Zachary Brainerd, and Cole Tabb, who broke the school record with a time of 3:22.09.
- Coach Fuller was thrilled with their accomplishment, adding, “They are currently ranked 9th overall in Florida and Top 50 in the US.”
Hayley Boyle also delivered an outstanding performance, clocking in a new personal record of 2:21.60 in the 800m race. Coach Fuller praised her effort, stating, “Hayley’s time is a new personal record, and she is ranked in the Top 25 in Florida.”
Moving on to other notable performances, Trevon Tyson secured third place in the Boys’ 200 Meters with a time of 21.88 seconds. Kaleb Hollins took first place in the Boys’ 3200 Meters, finishing with a time of 9:46.33. Ryan Seaton placed third in both Boys’ 110 Hurdles (15.71 seconds) and 400 Hurdles (59.07 seconds).
- The Boys’ 4×800 Relay team, comprising Zachary Brainerd, Kaleb Hollins, Zachary Smith, and Nicholas Brown, clinched the first-place title with a time of 8:33.21.
Chad Russell secured second place in the Boys’ High Jump event, clearing the 1.83m mark (6′ 0″). Meanwhile, Isaiah Johnson took home first place in the Boys’ Long Jump with a leap of 6.68m (21′ 11″).
In the Boys’ Triple Jump event, Ryan Seaton soared to victory with a mark of 13.27m (43′ 6.5″), while Jacob Muse landed in third place with a jump of 13.14m (43′ 1.5″).
Finally, in the Boys’ Discus competition, Ben Darnell secured second place with a strong throw of 37.91m (124′ 4″).
On the girls’ side, Brylie Kilgore secured third place in the Girls’ 3200 Meters with a time of 12:18.06. The Girls’ 4×100 Relay team, consisting of Adriana Lampon, Saniy Lindsey, Khamauri Hardy, and Wynter Downs, clinched third place with a time of 50.52.
- The Girls’ 4×800 Relay team, comprising Hayley Boyle, Isabel Harter, Brylie Kilgore, and Chi Medina, also secured third place with a time of 10:08.36.
- Mia McSwain delivered an outstanding performance, finishing second in Girls’ Shot Put with a mark of 34′ 7″ (10.54m) and securing third place in Girls’ Discus with a mark of 30.49m (100′ 0″). Saniy Lindsey also secured third place in the Girls’ 100 Meters, clocking in at 12.87 seconds.
Coach Fuller summed up the team’s performance by saying, “I am extremely proud of how our kids perform on Saturday. It’s still early in the season, but we are making strong progress.”
The team’s next meets will be at Crestview High School on Tuesday, March 7th and Enterprise High School on Friday, March 10.