Each year, a City of Destin employee is nominated and selected by co-workers to celebrate the qualities that inspire us to achieve the City’s mission:
- “We are an organization that strives to provide a healthy, safe quality of life, balancing the needs of our residents with the expectations of our visitors, and providing open, clear, accurate communication.”
Destin City Manager Lance Johnson stated, “It is a pleasure to honor Matthew Pace of the City Manager’s department as the 2021 Employee of the Year.”
Matthew began working for the city in August of 2019 and has been transformative in the IT Department. His accomplishments and responsibilities recently awarded him the upgraded position of IT Director.
City co-workers wrote the following things about Mr. Pace:
- Has a desire for success for his department and the city as a whole.
- Highly educated yet humble.
- Works 24/7 always maintaining a spirit of teamwork.
- Spearheaded COMPASS project making the city more efficient and transparent.
The recipient of the Employee of the Year award receives a cash certificate, an etched plaque, and a reserved parking space for the year ahead.