Sand (for sandbags) will be available at the City’s maintenance yard located at 116 Hollywood Boulevard SW – next to the Volkswagen/Subaru dealership – beginning at 11 a.m. today, Oct. 18.
The City offers this to assist residents with storm preparation and asks that the sand only be used to fill sandbags. Bring your own sandbags and shovel. In case of a large rain event, please be mindful that City streets may experience flooding.
Potential Flood Impacts
FWB City streets that may be more susceptible to flooding (keep this in mind if the weather deteriorates and we receive flooding advisories):
- Hughes Street NE from Beal Pkwy to Eglin Pkwy
- Laurie Drive NE from Okaloosa Road NE to Hollywood Blvd NE
- Alexandria Place SE from address #16 to address #25
- McGriff Street NE from Harbeson Avenue NE to address #9 McGriff Street NE
- Industrial Street NW from Robinwood Drive NW to Beal Pkwy NE
- Holmes Blvd NW from Highland Drive NW to Rainbow Drive NW
- Sullivan Street NW from Jonquil Avenue NW to Hooper Drive NW
- Anchors Street NW from Blake Avenue NW to Forsman Drive NW
Image via WeatherModels.com