The City of Fort Walton Beach will hold a final public branding collaboration session on Thursday, July 22, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the sUAS Lab at the HSU Innovation Institute South (709 Anchors Street NW).
This branding session will focus on the family perspective and the opportunities the City of Fort Walton Beach holds for them.
- Wanna go? RSVP here to attend. A boxed lunch will be provided.
The City’s branding initiative began earlier this year with stakeholder conversations, community research, and neighborhood collaboration meetings among residents. According to city spokesperson Doug Rainer, many community members have contributed to the branding process.
“The input has been invaluable and will be used to shape the City’s promise for the future,” he said.
For the City of Fort Walton Beach, an identified City brand not only affects the entire community but has many benefits.
- Messaging and marketing among stakeholders (businesses, government organizations, residents, etc.) align – all parties talk about the community in the same tone.
- The ability for regional, state and national recognition is greatly enhanced – the City becomes an identifiable topic of positive conversation.
- Economic and business decisions are easier to see and understand – locals share messages about the direction the city is headed.
- Negative perceptions can be overcome – residents and businesses embrace the community and engage in positive discussions.
A virtual participation option will also be available for this session. A link will be shared on the City’s website and social media pages closer to July 22. But in-person participation is preferred.
“We are close to attaining our research goal for this very important initiative,” said City Manager Michael Beedie. “A strong showing of engaged community members at this last meeting will get us to where we need to be.”
This session will be professionally facilitated and City Manager Michael Beedie will share a few new plans. Guests will then be able to give feedback about what it’s like to live and work in Fort Walton Beach.
Neighborhood Collaboration Session
- Date: Thursday, July 22 from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Location: HSU Innovation Institute South (inside in the sUAS Lab)
Space is limited. Please RSVP here https://forms.gle/63JjFQ7wPNsB8xfQ6