- This event has passed.
2022 Earth Day Cleanup
April 23 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 amFree
The Earth Day Cleanup will be held on Saturday, April 23rd at 6 host locations along the Emerald Coast: The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island, FWB; Norriego Point, Destin; Mattie Kelly Park & Joe’s Bayou, Destin; Henderson Beach State Park, Destin; The Crab Trap, Destin; and The Surf Hut, Miramar Beach.
The Earth Day Cleanup event starts at 8:00 am and runs until 10:00 am on Saturday, April 23rd. Free event t-shirts will be available at each host location for the Earth Day Cleanup event on a first come, first serve basis. Enjoy coastal cleanup activities and fun, including a prize for the most cigarette butts collected! Following the cleanup, a limited complimentary pancake breakfast will be available at select host locations. Pre-registered cleanup participants will receive a complimentary pancake breakfast at select host locations.
Register to reserve your t-shirt and breakfast (at select locations): https://bit.ly/2022EarthDayCleanup
What do you need to bring?
Help us conserve and reduce additional waste and B.Y.O.B (Bring Your Own Bucket), & cleanup equipment:
• Bucket or mesh bag for debris
• Reusable hand gloves or garden gloves (or trash pickers!)
• Reusable water bottle
Don’t forget to protect yourself with sunscreen and sunglasses!
• The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island (1450 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach)
• The Crab Trap, Destin (3500 Scenic Hwy 98 E, Destin)
• Henderson Beach State Park (17000 Emerald Coast Pkwy, Destin)
• Norriego Point (1 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin) – this is a beach cleanup as well as a paddleboard (water) cleanup
• Joe’s Bayou/Mattie Kelly Park (825 Beach Dr, Destin)
• Surf Hut, Miramar Beach (551 Scenic Gulf Dr, Destin)
A huge thank you to all who assist in the Earth Day Cleanup: Destin-Fort Walton Beach • Visit South Walton • City of Destin • Ocean Conservancy • Florida State Parks • The Boardwalk • The Crab Trap • Saltwater Restaurants, Inc. • Florida Sea Grant • Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance • The Surf Hut • The Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge • Emerald Coast Science Center • Step One Automotive • The Gulfarium • Choctawhatchee Bay Estuary Program • Divers Down Pollution Project • Okaloosa County • Destin Brewery • WM