Fort Walton Beach High School held a reception and book signing for the students published in the 2018 Young Writers to Follow book.
A total of 30 authors were selected from the tri-county areas of Okaloosa, Escambia, and Santa Rosa, to be featured in this publication. Fort Walton Beach High School had the most authors represented at nineteen.
Parents, students, teachers, staff and the publisher of the book, Susan Lewis of Proper Publishing, were on hand to congratulate these gifted young authors.
The book is available for sale on Amazon for $10 per copy.
The authors and their pieces are listed below
- Jada Bard “The Spectral Beast” (Flash Fiction)
- Cassidy Bassett “The Wall” (Flash Fiction)
- Savannah Beaulieu “Sowing Sword-Lilies” (Poem)
- Jaden Carlisle “Flatline” (Poem)
- Abigail Coyle “What Kind Of Habit Is This?” (Poem)
- Giovanni De Lanoy “The Memories of Victor W.” (Short Story)
- Zoe Deer “Underwater” (Poem)
- Caitlin Diener “The Void” (Poem)
- Brianna Havenda “Drowning” (Poem)
- Anna Henry “Same Self, Different Mind” (Poem)
- Alison Janetis “Lil’ Blue” (Poem)
- Jalena Jarvis “Epiphany” (Poem)
- Emma Jowers “Faith in Society” (Essay)
- Kaitlyn Kincaid “Hanahaki Disease” (Short Story)
- Tempest Makey “25 Lines from Suicide Notes and Love Letters” (Poem)
- Kendall Moreland “A Series of Codes” (Short Story)
- Quinterra Nichols “When I dance…” (Poem)
- Anne Marie Willis “That Dragon Hubris” (Flash Fiction)
- Joseph Zylack “Half-Breed” (Short Story)
Congrats to all of the students who were published in this book! To view and buy on Amazon, click here.