The 3rd Annual Shrimp & Grits Festival held on Saturday, February 19th, 2022, at Brotula’s Seafood House & Steamer was a huge success.
- The event raised a record-breaking $40,000 and welcomed more than 1,200 attendees in support of all local club kids.
“We are truly blessed to live in a Community that continuously comes together to support the next generation and invest in the youth of our region,” said Tyler Jarvis, CoFounder/Operating Partner, Bald & The Beard Restaurant Group. “We must continue to seek out opportunities to speak light into the next generation and provide them the tools to be successful in today’s society.”
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Emerald Coast is a local non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging, and influence through its programs focused on academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles.
“We are extremely thankful to Brotula’s Seafood House & Steamer, all of our sponsors, cook teams, and all that attended for making this year’s event better than ever,” said Shervin Rassa, Chief Executive Officer, The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Emerald Coast. “Every cent raised through this event will make an impact on the over 5,000 youth we serve on an annual basis.”
Ticket holders experienced classic southern dishes, great drinks, and live music from Cadillac Willy. Local restaurants and chefs competed on the Destin Harbor for the best Shrimp & Grits dish on the Emerald Coast.
Award winners are as follows:
- People’s Choice (1st Place): East Pass Seafood & Oyster House
- People’s Choice (2nd Place): Knife’s Edge Private Chef and Catering
- People’s Choice (3rd Place): Local Roots
- Best Overall (Judges Award): Knife’s Edge Private Chef and Catering
- Most Creative (Judges Award): The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Emerald Coast
- Best Grits (Judge’s Award): A&A Spice is Life