Wawa has announce plans to expand its footprint into the Florida Panhandle region, along with adjacent markets in South Alabama over the next few years.
- According to the company, Wawa is actively looking into potential sites for new stores in the Florida markets of Pensacola, Panama City, and Tallahassee, along with Mobile, Alabama.
The stores offer a large fresh foodservice selection, including Wawa brands such as:
- Custom prepared hoagies
- Freshly-brewed coffee
- Hot breakfast sandwiches
- Specialty beverages
- Assortment of soups, sides and snacks
Current plans are for Wawa to open up to 40 stores in these markets with the first stores expected to open in 2024.
“Over the years, we’ve been delighted to hear from so many people from so many areas, who are interested in having a Wawa closer to home,” said John Poplawski, Vice President of Real Estate for Wawa. “We couldn’t be more excited to bring Wawa’s one-of-a-kind brand and offering to these new markets in the near future.”
- Poplawski says that Wawa is looking forward to expanding beyond their current reach and serving these new markets with their food and beverages.
In 2022, Wawa will mark the 10th anniversary of the opening of its first Florida store. The store opened July 18, 2012 in Orlando across from SeaWorld.
- Since then, Wawa has expanded rapidly throughout the state and will open its 250th store in Florida later this year.
- Today, Wawa employs almost 10,000 associates all across the Sunshine State.
According to the company, Wawa continues to open stores throughout its current markets and is set to open 54 new stores in 2022. Additionally, Wawa has plans to enter new, adjacent markets in the next few years.