American Airlines at the Destin-Fort Walton Beach airport is back with another hiring event.
- This time, it will be on March 31st at 9am at the Holiday Inn Resort in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
“Piedmont Airlines is offering positions at the VPS Airport that include free flights on the American Airlines Network, said Nicholas Calo, Recruiter for Piedmont Airlines. “This would be a great opportunity for young adults to experience a positive work environment as well benefits of seeing the world on a budget.”
💰 Part-time starting pay: $16.00/hour
Here is a quick look at some of the positions:
Ramp agents handle luggage, load/unload aircraft, service and clean aircraft, operate ground support equipment (GSE), marshal aircraft, assist passengers and perform other duties as assigned. Ramp agents work outdoors in a fast-paced airport environment and are expected to work as a team to meet corporate goals for on-time departures, baggage performance and customer satisfaction.
Gate agents provide front-line customer service to passengers in the boarding area. Duties include creating and modifying flight itineraries, changing seat assignments, making boarding announcements, assisting passengers with special requests and needs, assisting passengers with luggage and operating the passenger boarding bridge. Other duties may be assigned. Gate agents are expected to work as a team to meet corporate goals for on-time departures, baggage performance and customer satisfaction.
Cross-Trained agents preform the job functions of a ramp agent along with our above-the-wing responsibilities; which may include Gate, Ticket Counter and Baggage Service Office (BSO).
TRAVEL FOR FREE
- Enjoy American Airlines industry-best, no-cost travel within a few weeks of hire.
- Immediate family members also fly for free. See the world with your parents, spouse, domestic partner or registered guest, children or stepchildren.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- Have a valid driver’s license (with minimal infractions)
- No DUI/DWIs within the past five (5) years
- No Reckless Driving infractions within the past three (3) years
- No more than five (5) moving violations within the past three (3) years
- No speeding tickets of 19 mph or more over the speed-limit within the past three (3) years
- Able to obtain an airport security badge (SIDA)
- No felony convictions within the past ten (10) years
- No theft, assault or drug related charges within the past ten (10) years
- Be able to work shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and twist
For more information about positions available, click here.