Every year, FishingBooker awards its best captains with the Angler’s Choice Award.
- This award honors the top captains on the platform for their efforts in providing the best possible fishing experience for their guests, according to FishingBooker.
Out of over 7,800 charter offers on the platform, only around 15% got the award this year. FishingBooker works with 142 charters in Okaloosa County, which means that with 28 winners, the captains of the area performed above the national average with almost 20% of them taking home the award.
To be eligible for the award, the charter operators had to meet the following criteria:
- Above 4.5 out of a possible 5-star review rating from at least 7 verified reviews
- Low cancellation rate, below 30%
- High responsiveness to booking requests, above 90%
Out of the 420 Floridian charters that won the Angler’s Choice Award, an impressive 62 charters are operating in the Panhandle. Okaloosa County and Bay County charters form the majority of winners with 28 and 23 charters respectively.
- The other 11 Angler’s Choice Award winners are from Walton County (5 winners), Gulf County (4 winners), as well as Santa Rosa and Escambia County (1 winner each).
- Captain Andy’s Fishing Adventures – Andrew Legrow
- Windwalker II Charters – Bernie Lefebvre
- Get The Gaff – Bankston Taylor
- Charter Boat “TradeWinds”
- Booty Hunter Charters – Greg Zink
- Charter Boat Al-Lin – Harold Staples
- Hook’D Charters – 24′ & 36′
- Charter Boat Into the Blue – Captain Nino
- King of Kings Charters – Jayson Self
- Dawn Patrol Charters – John Tenore
- Last Cast Charters
- Another Last Cast
- 850 Charters – Matthew Le’Brasseur
- Vengeance Charters – Matthew Pearson
- Mighty Fine Charters
- Charter Boat Malia Ann – Phillip Houston
- Charter Boat Rewind – Reid Phillips
- Cutting Edge Charters – Wahoo Steve Regan
- Blue Runner II Inc. – Tommy Carter
- Destin Bay Fishing Charters – Wes Nelson
Fort Walton Beach
- Intentional Fishing Charters – Alex Hensley
- Liquid Prescription Fishing Charter – Cory Holland
- Sun Chasing Charters
- H and H Sportfishing Adventures – Dave Heath
- Broke Tip Charter – Kent Peckham
- L4K Charters – Rob Hansill
- Above The Salt Charters – Chuck Madden