On Sunday, July 3, 2022, the 11th Annual Smoke on the Coast BBQ & Fireworks Festival, benefitting Coins for a Cause, returns to Destin Commons.
- This year’s event is presented by PRESTO! at The Magic Parlor, a pop-up magic show featuring five internationally-renowned acts.
The festive evening kicks off with live music from The Duchess Band. As attendees arrive, they will be greeted with the sweet and smoky aroma of BBQ dishes being prepared by local restaurants and BBQ groups.
- BBQ aficionados will enjoy $1 samples and soon after, vote for the People’s Choice winners.
Non-profit organizations and local charities are at the heart of this event. Each non-profit organization teams up with a local restaurant or group to compete for over $80,000 in cash prizes and the title of “Best BBQ.” As event-goers enjoy all of the eats the evening offers, they will also be able to learn more about the non-profit organizations and their individual missions.
The participating barbecue teams and their partnering charities are:
- Heritage Museum of Northwest Florida partnered with Pallet Bar and Grill
- Dog-Harmony partnered with Café Rico
- Destin Boys & Girls Club of the Emerald Coast partnered with Smoke ‘N Whiskey BBQ
- Habitat for Humanity partnered with Habitat ReStore
- Children in Crisis, Inc. Florida partnered with B&C Fire Safety
- Gulf Coast Council Boy Scouts of America partnered with Smok’n Scouts BBQ Crew
- Air Force Enlisted Village partnered with Knife’s Edge
- Rotary Club of Destin
- Emerald Coast Science Center partnered with Bow Tie BBQ and Catering
- United for a Good Cause Inc. partnered with Conexion Media Group
- Niceville Valparaiso Rotary Club
- Northwest Florida State College Culinary Management Program
- The Implant Truth Survivors Non-Profit partnered with A Cup of Cajun
- Healing Hoof Steps partnered with Market 21
At 7:30 p.m., Tobacco Road Band takes the stage while guests continue to enjoy the free face painting and photo booth until fireworks light up the sky beginning at 9:15 p.m.