and those who just like the thrill of throwing a dart at the map and hitting the road…
I swear i was just eating hot dogs and lighting sparklers. 🎇
If you are like me, and let Labor Day sneak up on you again, here’s the perfect place to dip your toes in the sand and surf over Labor Day Weekend. The Emerald Coast, the Panhandle of Florida, whatever you wanna call it – it’s where the good beaches are – and, it’s only like 3-5 hours from anywhere.
Okay not anywhere, but 3-5 hours from say, here…
So now that you made it from where you came from, where do you stay?
There are so many amazing places to stay on your last minute labor day weekend getaway that this list could be forever long. I mean, we have houses and condos and hotels on beaches here. Check out these specials and savings over Labor Day Weekend.
What can you do over Labor Day Weekend?
Glad you asked. Here are just a few fan favorites. Some you can wait till the last minute and just show up, but most have specific times to attend so you don’t find yourself alone.
- BeachesYep still summer here and the water is better than it’s been all year. Check it out. You’re welcome.
- FishingYou can charter a boat from one of many experienced captains in Destin or even rent your own and enjoy some of the best fishing in the country.
- AttractionsLots of stuff to do ’round these parts:
- Big Kahunas: Labor Day Weekend is the last chance to go to this one of a kind water park
- GolfNorthwest Florida has some of the best golf courses around. Kelly Plantation, Bluewater Bay Golf Club, Regatta Bay, Sandestin Resort just to name a few. Not to mention, some awesome and historic mini-golf like Goofy Golf
- DiningWith fresh from the boat to the table seafood and family friendly environments, the restaurants you’ll find here offer something you just can’t find anywhere else
- Live Music & Events We’ve got that covered for you right here…
- ShoppingSilver Sands Outlet Stores just east of Destin in Miramar Beach happens to be one of the nation’s largest designer outlet malls. And they have specials just for Labor Day.
- ChillingThat’s right. Don’t forget to just kick back and relax.
The Weather is Usually Pretty Good
Locals will always tell you if you don’t like the weather in Florida just wait five minutes. And it’s true…the weather changes that quickly sometimes. You can go from storming to sunny to liquid sunshine (it actually rains while the sun is out here)…yeah. So here’s the labor day forecast.
And…since i waited till the last minute to write this, that’s all folks.
Can’t make it? Don’t worry, our sand will still be white after labor day…and that’s okay.