The City of Fort Walton Beach will begin repaving projects in late February. The locations listed below were identified as areas in most need of repaving this year. Tentative schedules are also included.
According to the city, majority of the total project cost will be paid for with countywide, half-cent sales tax revenue allocated to the City.
- Fourth Street alley from Fourth Street SE to Third Street SE – February 22
- Robinwood Drive NW from Hollywood Boulevard to Leila Place NW – End of February
- Industrial Street near Fort Walton Concrete – Late February/Early March
- Intersection of Hughes Street NE and Carson Drive NE – Late February/Early March
- Temple Avenue from Hollywood Boulevard to Coral Drive – Mid March/Late March
“These schedules are tentative and subject to change based on weather conditions,” wrote the city in the press release.
Work Zone Traffic Control will be on site throughout the duration of each project. Motorists should use caution when traveling through work zones.