On Wednesday, December 21, 2022, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the appointment of Dewey “Parker” Destin and the reappointment of James Neilson Jr. and Kim Wintner to the Mid-Bay Bridge Authority.
Dewey “Parker” Destin
- Destin, of the City of Destin, is the owner of Dewey’s Navarre and Dewey Destin Enterprises. He was previously elected to the Destin City Council and currently serves as the Deputy Director of the Gulf Coast Seafood Alliance. He is currently running for the 2024 Okaloosa School Board election.
- Destin received his bachelor’s degree in business management and entrepreneurship from the University of Tampa and his juris doctor from Florida Coastal School of Law.
James Neilson Jr.
- Neilson, of Destin, is a veteran of the United States Army Reserves and retired with 23 years of experience in the insurance industry. He has served on the Mid-Bay Bridge Authority since 2004 and is the former President and General Manager of the Sandpiper Cove Condominium Association.
- Neilson has also previously served on the Rotary and Kiwanis Clubs, Destin Harbor Board, and the Sacred Heart Foundation.
- Wintner, of Niceville, is the President and Owner of Alliance Association Management Company. He previously served in the United States Air Force for 30 years, retiring as a Colonel. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Destin Chamber of Commerce and serves as the Chair of the Destin Military Affairs Council.
- Wintner earned his bachelor’s degree in police administration from Indiana University and his master’s degree in human resources development from Webster University.