Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Okaloosa and Walton counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
In preparation for the Thanksgiving Day holiday weekend, FDOT has announced that there will be no lane closures or other activities that impede traffic on major state roads beginning at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23 and ending at 12 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28.
- State Road (S.R.) 20 (John Sims Parkway) Resurfacing Project – Drivers will encounter intermittent east and westbound lane closures on S.R. 20, from Edge Avenue to west of the Rocky Bayou Bridge, Sunday, Nov. 20 through Wednesday, Nov. 23, between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. These closures are required for milling and paving operations, median widening, and sidewalk construction.
- Brooks Bridge Replacement Project – Drivers may experience the following traffic impacts Sunday, Nov. 20 through Wednesday, Nov. 23 from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. as crews perform geotechnical investigations and utility work:
- U.S. 98 east and westbound alternating and intermittent lane closures between Perry Avenue and Pier Road.
- Santa Rosa Boulevard east and westbound alternating lane closures from east of Amberjack Drive to Ross Marler Park.
- Intermittent shoulder closures on Brooks Street, between Perry Avenue and Florida Blanca Place, and on Business Access Road.
Local news sent to your inbox 🤝
Thousands of locals read our newsletter every morning! It’s FREE and makes sure that you never miss important local updates.
- U.S. 98 Widening from Mack Bayou Road to County Road (C.R.) 30A – From Sunday, Nov. 20 through Wednesday, Nov. 23, drivers may encounter intermittent east and westbound single-lane closures on U.S. 98, from Mack Bayou Road to C.R. 30A, during the overnight hours of 7:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. These closures are required for layout of the new shift configuration.
- U.S. 98 Resurfacing Project from Village Road to East of U.S. 331 – Sunday, Nov. 20 through 6 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23 drivers may encounter intermittent closures on the U.S. 98 east and westbound outside shoulders to construct a new westbound right turn lane to access Don Bishop Road, and to widen existing turn lanes between Village Road and U.S. 331, and for sidewalk construction.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.