Okaloosa County is urging its residents to prepare for the upcoming Atlantic hurricane season, starting June 1, 2023, by making resources available to ensure safety and readiness.
The County has released the 2023 Hurricane Guide, an comprehensive document housing vital information like crucial phone numbers, evacuation zones, checklists, and other storm-related information.
While supplies last, physical copies will be available at:
- All six area libraries in the Okaloosa County Public Library Cooperative
- Greater Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Crestview Area Chamber of Commerce
- Niceville-Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce
- Destin Chamber of Commerce
- Crestview City Hall
- Okaloosa County Extension Office at 3098 Airport Road in Crestview
- The two offices of Okaloosa County Board of County Commissioners at 1250 Eglin Parkway, Suite 100 in Shalimar and 302 N. Wilson Street, Suite 302 in Crestview.
Those preferring a digital format can access and download the guide online.
In addition to the Hurricane Guide, the County also recommends signing up for Alert Okaloosa, an emergency notification system providing up-to-the-minute communications during emergencies. Residents can register online at AlertOkaloosa.com or simply by texting “OKALOOSAFL” to 888777.
For further information and resources, the County directs residents to their comprehensive online resource page at https://myokaloosa.com/ps/emergency-management. This includes the digital Hurricane Guide.