On Wednesday, February 1, 2023, Okaloosa Schools Superintendent Marcus Chambers filed for reelection for 2024.
- During his first term, Chambers led the school district through the COVID-19 pandemic while maintaining the district’s top “A” rating.
“Nothing is more important to me than our students’ safety and academic success. For nearly 25 years, I have worked every day to provide Okaloosa students with an outstanding education,” Chambers said. “I am excited to launch my reelection campaign and talk to voters about my commitment to continue building safer, stronger schools for students. I believe in Okaloosa Schools, and I will always put our students first.”
As Superintendent, Chambers said his priorities will be:
- Maintaining Okaloosa Schools’ top “A” rating for academic excellence.
- Providing robust extracurricular opportunities.
- Expanding workforce and technical education offerings.
- Investing in teachers and staff.
- Completing critical school safety and maintenance improvements.
- Planning for new school construction.
“I stand with Governor DeSantis and his efforts to keep inappropriate political agendas out of the classroom,” said Chambers. “In Okaloosa County, our schools will provide a high-quality, well-rounded education focused on the basics, so our children are prepared for success in the workforce, college, and their daily lives.”