On Thursday, September 8, 2022, Detectives with the Fort Walton Beach Police Department’s Street Crimes Unit, with the assistance of the Okaloosa County Multi-jurisdictional Special Response Team, executed a search warrant at 202 Deluna Rd SW.
- The Special Response Team is comprised of members of the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, the Fort Walton Beach Police Department, and the Northwest Florida State College Police Department.
The investigation began when Street Crimes Detectives received information about possible criminal activity at the residence through tips to Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers.
- During the investigation, Detectives learned that the resident, Christopher Davis, was trafficking fentanyl through the residence.
- A search warrant for the residence was approved by a judge.
During the search, Detectives located methamphetamine, marijuana, and 48.6 grams of fentanyl. According to the Fort Walton Beach Police Department, this is an amount of fentanyl large enough to provide a lethal dose to every resident of Fort Walton Beach.
- Also located were a bolt action rifle, AK pistol, and a stolen Glock handgun.
Davis was charged with the following felonies:
- Trafficking in fentanyl
- Grand theft of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony
- Two felony counts of possession of a controlled substance.
- He was also charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia.